With Stepfather's Alzheimers.
Today at the assisted living he took a severe dislike to the unisex disposable underwear they were providing. After happily using up half of the package, he insisted they were too big. (This is an ongoing spacial distortion issue that he has repeatedly. He'll just get this idea in his head that something doesn't fit and wants to throw it away, pants, shirts, boots, now underwear. There is a good reason the assisted living facility uses clear trash bags, or half his wardrobe would be in the landfill by now. All the explaining in the world sometimes convinces him otherwise, until he forgets 5 minutes later - rinse, repeat.) So to make life a little more bearable for the assisted living staff, I ventured to Sam's Club to buy his favorite brand of men's disposable underwear. It was a Zoo. Thankfully they had a few cases left. One will keep him for quite a while. The panic buying this time around seems to be bottled water. I guess the store is out of TP and rice; I didn't bother to look. I would bet however that I was the only person to purchase only one item.
No comments:
Post a Comment