Yeah! Today is a day of rest from watering at least.
The garden looks so pretty when it is drenched with water, especially when I don't have to put it there.
It is unfortunate that cabbage looks prettier than it tastes
(and smells).
The beans are trying to catch up to the tomatoes.
But the cherry tomatoes are still in the running.
If they didn't have roots,
they could try out for the basketball team in the fall.
On the recovery front, the incision site on my shoulder is healing.
The steri-strips are off, and the skin is almost healed. The deeper tissue underneath is still mending, and reminds me with twinges of pain when I try to do too much. I am not taking pain medication anymore, because it might mask the pain too much and then I might do something stupid and rip something. Chores were a challenge last week with the lifting restriction, but the surgeon did not say anything about lots of repetitions with light objects. Watering was accomplished by tying the garden hose around my waist and walk/dragging it to its destinations rather than pulling it with my arms. It did take four or five trips to carry in all the pickings from the garden on harvest days. Little did I realize, surgery recovery would be a practice in forced aerobics. Unfortunately, since the rest of the time was spent resting and eating, I doubt that any weight has been lost.





No comments:
Post a Comment