I called the animal shelter this morning. The owner of the Siamese mix cat claimed it Wed. morning. The cat would have gone home Tuesday evening, but the owner did not have the proper paperwork needed to claim the cat. The shelter did not say what that was, but I am guessing the "proper paperwork" probably involved vaccination records, rabies certificates, and a city cat license (very thinly veiled pet ownership tax).
The shelter worker said no one has claimed the second cat (white and black one), and did not know if it was micro-chipped. She was not there when it arrived, but heard about it from the other staff and very politely described the cat's behavior as "lively" or something just as euphemistic. From what I can gather the cat is not adjusting well to captivity, and the opinion is that it is feral. If it does not adjust, it will be euthanized. At least it is not roaming the streets at risk of catching and spreading rabies or other diseases throughout the neighborhood anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment