puts a de-clawed cat outside to fend for itself at night where it could fall prey to larger predators? Oh, it also had no collar, license, or any other identifying tags. Dumped pet or stupid owner?
Escapee? My older cat would fit that description and she periodically makes a dash for freedom....I have so far managed to keep her from succeeding....
Hope you can manage to keep your cat safe indoors. This one was likely a repeat visitor. Parts of our yard have been sprayed by cat pee or fox pee on a regular basis. Chloe found it last night when I let her out to go potty. Now I have to dig a hole. The saddest thing is there is no way to find the owner. The neighborhood is thick with feral cats wandering loose at night, but this one had no fleas and no claws, so it was obviously someone's pet.
In that case either is likely unfortunetly. Janie's made it outside once, and she wandered down teh road to have a fight with the neighborhood bully over who's territory it was...*sigh* I got extra OCD after that!
Escapee? My older cat would fit that description and she periodically makes a dash for freedom....I have so far managed to keep her from succeeding....
ReplyDeleteDumb owner, and probably abandoned pet.
ReplyDeleteHope you can manage to keep your cat safe indoors. This one was likely a repeat visitor. Parts of our yard have been sprayed by cat pee or fox pee on a regular basis. Chloe found it last night when I let her out to go potty. Now I have to dig a hole. The saddest thing is there is no way to find the owner. The neighborhood is thick with feral cats wandering loose at night, but this one had no fleas and no claws, so it was obviously someone's pet.
ReplyDeleteIn that case either is likely unfortunetly. Janie's made it outside once, and she wandered down teh road to have a fight with the neighborhood bully over who's territory it was...*sigh* I got extra OCD after that!
Delete