Floor Stain Stencil

Floor Stain Stencil

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cooldown

Today was lovely.  Thankfully the rain last night was gentle and mostly straight down with very little wind, thunder, and lightning.  With the cooler weather, both hubby and I awoke this morning quite hungry.  It is funny how hot weather just zaps the appetite.  It is no wonder why people eat more during winter.  (I wonder if it would be possible to develop a formula that would predict the amount of weight gain per degree decrease in outside temperatures.)  The morning was spent catching up on some cooking for us and Chloe.


I have to admit that cleaning Chloe's ears had fallen behind schedule of late with all the time spent over at mom's house.  As a result, Chloe gave herself a small hematoma on one of her ears by shaking her head too much, because here ears itched.  So, she has been getting her ears cleaned every day and drops added.  She also has been getting a benadryl in a spoonful of peanut butter.  To top it all off, she hasn't been too keen on eating her dry dog food, so she is getting a bit spoiled on a diet of brown rice cooked with pumpkin puree and lean beef lightly seasoned with dog-safe spices.  I occasionally have looked in the fridge to find the stock of "dog food" containers diminished by one because hubby has been snacking on the dog food.  It is good that Chloe is not possessive of her food.


Went over to mom's this afternoon, gave her her shot, and went outside to pick raspberries and work in the garden.  Yesterday was a long day, and I think mom and step-father needed a day's break from me as much as I needed a break from them.  There was enough daylight left that it was possible to get some garden chores done at my house today as well!  The garden is growing really well.  Hopefully, there will be some time tomorrow to take pictures and post them.  Goodnight all.  Sleep sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment