We have had a couple of warmer days this week with lots of melting happening. I know it is still winter, but it does make it a bit easier to haul mom & stepfather to church on Sunday without the worry of "Will she turn into a frozen mom-sickle on the way out to the car?" Sometimes I do wonder if it is worth the trouble, because neither of them remember anything beyond the last 5-10 minutes. At least it helps keep them in a routine. On the plus side, on the way home from dropping them off after church, a few rare sights appeared on the road. First was a Maserati, and then there was a Corvette. Although I probably could never justify buying things like that, they sure are pretty. Hey, looking is free. It was nice to have a Maserati Sunday, rather than a Buick Sunday. (Cause face it, being stuck behind a Buick toodling 5 mph below the speed limit just takes the fun out of the day.)
As far as my car goes, it will be visiting the shop tomorrow. The check engine light was traced back to a dead oxygen sensor. Thankfully, Honda designed the civic with two for redundancy sake, so the car can still run until the bad one is replaced. It is also getting the clutch replaced. The mechanic said it isn't worn out yet, but I would rather schedule it than have it go at a really inconvenient time. If it were just me, I could just walk if it went suddenly. But if mom were in the car during bad weather, it would make for a bad situation. And since this is our trusty mechanic's slow time of the year for business, it is a good fit. Plus I did some online searches last week for used replacement cars that have four doors, capacious trunks for hauling mom's wheelchair, and manual transmissions. The pickings were slim, and I really didn't like any of them. At least the civic is tolerable.
No comments:
Post a Comment