Small Victory
After a week of reminding, and reminding, and reminding, and perhaps a bit of nagging and reminding him again that if it doesn't get done, the city will do it for him and charge $110 for whoever they hire to do a lousy job, stepfather finally mowed his lawn.
Yep, me too. I bailed hay. Wet hay...
ReplyDeleteDon't put wet hay in a barn, it will catch fire. Well you do live in that sauna called Florida. Bet you would be happy with our high temps today in the mid 80's; for us it is a heat wave.
DeleteWith a Dad who is 95 and once had red hair (warning sign of stubbornness) I can SO relate.
ReplyDeleteGood of you to keep after him.
Unfortunately, his Alzheimers is mostly to blame. I have to remind him that many times, because he simply forgets that many times. Yet he insists on doing it himself and still shows proficiency to mow his lawn safely enough. There have been a few times when out of frustration, I have grabbed the mower out of the garage and just mowed it myself. Then he yells at me for doing it and forgets he was mad 15 minutes later. There is really no way to win, just simply keep moving forward.
Delete