Well some cooking and canning has been completed.
But there is more to do yet,
because my dining room table and other places are still buried.
See.
But here is what has been done so far.
I found some new recipes in a library book
Blue Ribbon Preserves, by Linda J. Amendt at the library.
There will be more details on a few of the recipes I have tried in future posts when I am done dealing with the bounty.
Pickled Jalapenos
More Marinara sauce, tomato juice,
and meatless green tomato mince
(It ain't pretty; so eat it with your eyes closed.)
Oh and hubby says I have to finish Chloe's haircut before pheasant season opens because he is not taking her anywhere the way it looks now.
It is good that dogs don't care what they look like.
In case you are wondering, it takes a long time to get a dog's ears cleaned, hair brushed, bathed, dried, and shaved. I ran out of time in the day but needed to get the end that makes messes shaved before she had to go potty again.
Have a wonderful evening.






I donno, its kinda cute! Bet she'd be warmer that way lol!
ReplyDeleteA creative hairdresser could really have fun styling Chloe's hair.
DeleteOh the burrs she collects in long hair!
It is so much easier to get her clean and check for ticks if she is shaved. After about two weeks of hair growth, snowflakes don't melt on her back at all. Hubby is one of those slender people who does not have a lot of insulation. It is good if the dog is ready to go home around the same time he is.