Floor Stain Stencil

Floor Stain Stencil

Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer! When all the Beautiful Cars Come Out to Play!

Shiny!


No it is not mine!

I get to appreciate its beauty without having to pay
for the car, the insurance, and the maintenance.
Guess there are some advantages to living
on a busy street in a semi-commercial district.
A shop near our house specializes in restorations and
maintenance on beauties like this.
We frequently hear the purring thrum
of perfectly tuned car engines, sometimes even a V12.
Then we look out the window and see a mechanic
with a smile of satisfaction on his face as he
heads out of town to give the thing a test run
to make sure all is well before returning it to its owner.
The look on his face tells what he is thinking,
"They actually pay me to work on these!
I love my job!"

I almost could not believe my eyes
when I started Google searching for cars that looked like this one.
This car appears to be a 1960s Ferrari 250 GTO!
It is truly a very rare beauty!

1 comment:

  1. That is just BEAUTIFUL. A girlfriends husband restores old corvettes. They are a work of art when he is done with them.

    I think I like the sound of the motors is as captivating as the gloos of the paint.

    ReplyDelete