Floor Stain Stencil

Floor Stain Stencil

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

We're OK

 So, the south gets hurricanes, and the midwest gets the roulette wheel of tornadoes.  An EF3 hit fairly close to us yesterday.  The community is under some requested travel restrictions and required curfews, so no first hand photos of damage, because I would just get in the way of people who have very difficult jobs to do.  There were a lot of downed trees closer to my dad's place.  He's fine too, but will sorely miss Manderfield's Bakery wheat flax seed bread on Wednesdays.  The basement and the brick entrance are all that remains where it stood.  And Third Street diner, dad's favorite place to meet with friends is also a loss.  So far there are no known human fatalities, and we thank God and good basements for that.  I did have to bury a dead rabbit that I found in the yard, but don't know if it died in the storm or if the neighbor dogs got it.

www.WBAY.com has fairly good coverage that isn't behind a paywall like the Post Crescent seems to have now.  They had a fairly extensive photo gallery yesterday, but I didn't find it when I looked today.

No comments:

Post a Comment