the picture was taken and I checked the weather forecast for the rest of last week, the pumpkins needed picking. Tuesday was nice, but Wed. & Thurs. had rain followed by frost advisories. The frost wasn't as severe as expected, but better safe than sorry.
The color is much lighter green than usual. Maybe last year they cross-pollinated with the Jaradale pumpkins. That or they cross-pollinated with the cucumbers this year. Guess we'll find out when they finish ripening and get cut open.
On another front, that same day the fridge died. We did find a new one, and only one available. Delivery however was three weeks out, so I had to go get it. Many thanks to friends who helped haul the new one into the house. I still have to haul the old one away and pay the disposal fee at the landfill, but first a new emergency has appeared.
Future posting may be light due to an emergency with extended family.

No comments:
Post a Comment