Floor Stain Stencil

Floor Stain Stencil

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Still Melting

This is an improvement from when it was about 6' tall.
The garden is under there somewhere.
This one averaged about 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 feet tall over the last month.
The rabbits were truly desperate; they ate lilacs, raspberries, catnip - pretty much whatever they could wrap their teeth around.  Then they left "smart pills" everywhere.  They even pee'd blue; apparently that means they were desperate enough to eat buckthorn.  The only other instance of blue pee that I've heard of is porphyria.  But how would anyone be able to tell if a rabbit came down with porphyria?  They normally eat grass.  At least I hope it was just rabbits that left the blue pee in the snow.
There are no low hanging branches left on the apple tree.
The rabbits "pruned" the bottom; now I have to prune the top.
The raspberries have been mowed to the ground, mostly.  Those canes still standing have been ringed, so I might as well cut them all down.  We won't be picking any raspberries here this summer.

I pushed the season a bit today and opened a few windows; it reached a high of 45 deg. F - woo hoo.
The wind was blowing from the west so that it was possible to leave the pellet stove running while still venting out the house.  The basement benefitted from a change of air too; dehumidifiers can do only so much.

We are enjoying the nice weather, but we aren't being lulled into a false sense of spring.  This is Wisconsin after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment