I know that I have been spending a bit too much time taking care of forgetful old folks when I think "What if someone made a TV show called Assisted Living Boot Camp? What would happen if the nursing assistants were replaced with drill sergeants? One thing wouldn't need to change though - the cafeteria food."
Some of the lines might go like this.
"No, Put your clothes back on! It is supper time, not bedtime."
"No, you can't have more to eat. You just ate breakfast 15 minutes ago."
"No, you can't have more to eat. You just ate lunch 10 minutes ago."
"No, you can't have more to eat. You just had supper 20 minutes ago."
To the spouse of the one who wants to eat all the time - "Did you remember to eat breakfast?"
"No, it is Tuesday not Sunday; we're not going to church."
"Go to the bathroom and change into a clean pair of jeans. The shirts in last week's laundry were very lonely."
"Wash your hair. No, you can't send it out. The reattachment process is quite painful."
No comments:
Post a Comment