Floor Stain Stencil

Floor Stain Stencil

Monday, November 16, 2015

Meandering Thoughts

Sorry for the lack of posts; I have been a tad busy.

Firstly, here's an update on mom.  Mom was checked out of the hospital and checked into a rehab facility because she was too weak and wobbly to return home according to the physical therapists (and very likely their malpractice insurance agents.)  Since the oral antibiotics she was switched to gave her a bit of diarrhea, I really didn't object to having a 24 hour nursing and nursing assistant staff lending a hand with the cleanup.  She's done with the antibiotics and is on the mend.  The facility is having "fun" getting her diabetes meds adjusted as one medication has been removed due to the risk of liver damage.  Stepfather and I visit daily as the facility is old and doesn't have the best rating, but it has the advantage of being close to home.  So we are taking the approach much like hubby did when his Element collided with a deer.  He would take Chloe for a walk to visit the collision repair place and check on the progress.  If they know you will be visiting, they will be more likely to make sure they are doing their jobs.  But today I have been given a day off from mom and stepfather maintenance, because one of my stepbrothers has kindly taken the stepfather maintenance responsibilities for last night and today and mom is hopefully behaving herself at the rehab facility.  I think it is the first full day off I have had since we traveled to NC for father-in-law's funeral.  Unless we go out for dinner, I will get to stay home all day!

Thinking back to last Saturday, I had set the alarm clock for morning just to make sure that I didn't sleep so late that hubby didn't get a hot lunch.  The alarm sounded, I crawled out of bed, silenced it, and crawled back into bed.  I was just drifting back to sleep when I heard the unmistakeable sound of a couple V12 engines.  The first one accelerated away from the corner by the restoration shop before I had the chance to jump out of bed and see it.  Thankfully, the other one had to wait for traffic, so I was able to catch a glimpse of it as it pulled away from the corner.  I must admit that if Ferrari made an alarm clock with true to life engine sounds, that would be the best snooze alarm ever!

Today Chloe received lots of attention.  She was brushed, shaved, and trimmed.  Her ears were cleaned, and she has had a bath to wash away the prickly bits of hair.  Now she is trying to decide where to eat the rawhide she was given for being a good girl all through those chores.  The haircut revealed something unwanted; it looks like we might be making another trip to the vet soon for another surgery.  Another one of her teats is looking abnormal.

Hubby is on vacation this week.  It comes in handy for him to get some rest and then hit the woods on opening day of deer hunting.  As a result he was home to help with the other major chore today, moving a desk downstairs to the north room, where I plan to set up a dedicated sewing area.  It will make doing the mending, alterations, and sewing projects a bit easier to accomplish and reduce the clutter in the upstairs living room considerably.

While the "adventures" with mom were happening, the green tomatoes that were ripening in buckets and totes ripened.  Then most of them went bad.  They are now on the compost pile.  A similar sorting of the apples will need to be done.  I fear they may be too mealy to produce good cider now.  Maybe a few can still be used in pie.  Unfortunately, there are only twenty-four hours in a day, and people are much more important than fruit.

While reading the news of what has happened in France with the Islamic attacks, I am reminded a little of history.  French fur trappers were among the people who "refined" the art of scalping.  With the secularization of France, and the stepping away from strongly held Judaeo-Christian ethics, the Islamic extremists may strongly regret awakening the darker wild side of the French people.

Hubby told me politely that we have done enough chores for today, so it is time for a good dinner and an evening in watching DVD's.  Have a good night all.




No comments:

Post a Comment