Floor Stain Stencil

Floor Stain Stencil

Saturday, August 31, 2013

My Fridge Smells like Broccoli

I don't like my fridge smelling like broccoli.

I managed to get the dishpan full of beans topped, tailed, and cut-up yesterday evening after taking mom over to my aunt's house in the afternoon for a good scrubbing, but the broccoli surplus from dad's garden is still lurking in the fridge.  I really have to get it cut up, before the ice cream and sherbet in the freezer starts smelling like broccoli too.  Once the broccoli is cut-up the blanching party can begin.  (And I can go grocery shopping and actually manage to fit milk, meat, and eggs into the fridge again.)

Except for a couple of weeks I can thank the cooler summer for limiting the tomato production.  So far I have only made one batch of marinara sauce.  Unless dad's garden really kicks in before the first frost and he shares a lot, there won't be much marinara sauce for the pantry this winter.  But with trying to get mom's place fixed up, it has been a serious juggling act trying to get everything done that needs doing.  And the plumbing and electrical permits for the projects on my house expire again in November - aargh.  The only plus to that situation is that the property tax assessor gets really frustrated because he can't reassess and raise the taxes on our old heap of a house (evil laugh).  Maybe the lack of tomatoes is a blessing in disguise.

Oh, and a home has been found for the pellet stove.  Many thanks to dad for letting me borrow his pickup truck to move it!

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment