Floor Stain Stencil

Floor Stain Stencil

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Cold Progresses

It started with general exhaustion.  Then it continued on to randomly shifting clogged sinuses and ears.  First it was the right nostril, then the left, then it switched back and forth... and back again.  Blowing my nose made my ears pop, whistle, and clog.  It is possible that I have single handedly increased the profit margin for Kleenex Ultra for December.  I still think the new "sneeze shield" that they added a few months ago was just a way to add fluid proofing so that they could make the ply's thinner.  Unfortunately, there aren't any other brands of three-ply tissues on the market for competition anymore.

Then the sinus drainage started, which was why I was awake at 2 a.m. the other night.  It was so heavy I could not lay down without feeling like I was going to drown.  Now the cold has moved into my throat and chest.  Chloe does not recognize my voice, what there is of it.  Her look of puzzlement is funny.  I can only guess it means something like "You look like mom, you smell like mom, but you sound like a baritone frog."  Guess it is good that she was trained to come to three whistles, otherwise it would be tricky to get her to come back inside when she goes out for potty breaks.  Thank God I can still whistle.  The cold is hopefully in the latter stages of CCC (coughing colorful crud).  Mucinex is a wonderful thing!

I really wanted to get some serious chores done today.  I did spray some great stuff in a few holes in mom's garage and front porch earlier today.  Hopefully that will keep the squirrels out for now.  Now how did that get in my hair?  Oh yeah, I had to give the can another shake because it was cold outside.  The new windowsill for the garage attic window will have to wait a few more days to be installed.  Now rest is a must.  So in goes a DVD or two, with lots of liquids to drown this cold, and a dog to pet.
 Hope all of you are having WAY more fun tonight!

6 comments:

  1. Yah, thats going around here too. Hubby spent a week out of work with it. I'm steadfastly refusing to get sick (its never worked before, but I can hope, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! I hope you get some rest tonight despite the congestion and feel a tad better tomorrow. Barkley sends his best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it doesn't settle in it should be leaving in a few more days.

      Delete
  3. Hope you are feeling better now. We had horrible colds over the Thanksgiving holiday. It was no fun.

    Get well soon!

    Blessings,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting better; my voice is coming back now. Maybe I could release an album of blues Christmas carols; my smoky, gravelly voice would fit well with the blues style at the moment. Unfortunately, hubby might be coming down with it now.

      Delete